Being accused of a crime can change your life forever. If you have been accused of committing a crime we recommend seeking legal counsel before talking to anyone about the accusation.
In Wisconsin, a criminal charge can have many consequences that vary with the nature and severity of the charge. The effects of a conviction can result in:
- Serving time in jail or prison
- Paying expensive fines and court fees
- A permanent criminal record that may affect your ability to obtain housing or employment
- Being denied a professional license to work in your chosen career, such as law, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, teaching, or another licensed profession
- Losing your driver’s license
- Losing your immigration visa or green card, or being denied a visa, green card, or U.S. citizenship
If you have been charged with a crime you need legal representation as soon as possible.
Everyone has rights. Only a skilled criminal defense attorney can help ensure that your rights are protected. Do not convince yourself that you can explain the accusations away. Do not convince yourself that the prosecutor will act to protect your interests or even care about your interests at all. Only through a skilled criminal defense attorney can you hope to ensure your rights are protected.Contact Us